Friday, September 19, 2008

Choice blog

Many of you probably already know about the blog in which the writer chronicles her journey of getting an abortion. This has been quite the summer read for me.

The writer is 23 and is candid about her pregnancy, the backward abortion industry and the isolation she's faced exercising her right to choose..

So many people were alarmed by her blogging about such a sensitive topic but I find myself not only learning about the taboo topic but wanting to offer a hug and handshake to this brave woman.

I'm not using this blog as a political avenue or anything. I just urge you to read her posts and think about what we do as a society. She highlights how so many freedoms are coveted until someone tries to use it and the solutions to our problems are demanded but never brought to fruition. She's witty and conflicted and deeply honest and I respect the hell out of her.

I wonder how long she'll keep this blog up and I guess I don't care. It's just refreshing to see something brave and original hit my Google Reader each day.

No comments: