Sunday, June 29, 2008

How did we solve our problems without her?

This is the face of a modern-day poet, a soccer mom's prophet, a radio star.

This is Delilah.

As much as her advice is baseless and her song choices never fit that situation, you have to love her. She is embodies easy listening. I mean who hasn't driven home, no matter where you are in the world, and felt comforted when you heard the soft "Del-eye-lah" caress the airwaves? It's like the great common denominator in a complicated world.
Well, I was driving home tonight and I may or may have not been enjoying another velvet voice, Josh Groban (don't judge), when the Divine Ms. D came on after him. Before I clicked to the next station, I decided I wanted to see attach a face to voice.

So I Googled her and found THIS.

Omigod.

This Web site has it all, bad poetry, bad musical selections, bad sound bites, bad graphics, bad bios, etc. It's so bad, it's good. The only thing that could make this better would be to see photos of Delilah's listeners. Every single one of the "I've had some bad times," all of the "he's such a great daddy and I just want a crappy love ballad he'll never hear to play for him," and each "I'm just so proud of my ____ in Iraq..." I want it bad enough I just may have to call in.

2 comments:

kimba said...

There is no question, we are related! Although, del-eye-liah drives me up the wall! thanks for the link. Now I'm wonderdering, should I become a Friday Nite Girl?

Jacob said...

Ok, I'll admit that I was driving home one late night a week or two ago, flipping through radio stations in Jackson (remember, there's 4 country, 3 gospel and 1 rap station in Jackson) and I heard Delilah. She was saying something sugary about a woman who divorced her husband and found another guy and was really happy with him. I started laughing and I kind of felt like an asshole.