Thursday, October 2, 2008

The mind of a SPAM writer



Isn't the trickery of SPAM mail kind of brilliant?

I mean, the authors, much like that hard-working scribe above, of the hundreds of SPAM e-mails that land in my work inbox everyday really get me thinking.

It makes me second guess everything. They have gotten really clever about sending them from senders with common names and even go so far as using Gmail accounts. Maybe I DO need to help them. Maybe I DO need a better sex life. Maybe I DO need a better SPAM filter.

Imagine the brainstorming sessions they have. A couple of guys sitting around a computer, none of them speak Engrish very well but all think they are very savvy. They are all smoking and tossing out subjects that will get people's attention.

"Sex!"
"Free money!"
"Breakthrough diabetic formulas!"
"Web sites!"
"Pensises!"
"Pleas from Nigerian presidents in money trouble!"

I received one this morning from "Natasha." Her subject line was "I fell bored" and she claimed to be a lonely woman who "live in Russia and search for love." That's convincing.

I would really love to meet these SPAM generator and immediately delete them.

No comments: