Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ever have a day that isn't necessarily good or bad, but one that makes you think too deeply about your life? The kind of day that, despite having copious blessings, you find yourself in a blue funk, state of grey or black cloud?

I'm in that color palette right now. I can't even really point a brush as to why.

I know I just need to refocus myself. The big picture is great but today I just kept looking at the imperfect, petty details.

The character in the book I am reading decided to seek the help of a life coach for her wayward spirit. That sounds good but I think I have a better solution.

You know at the end of episodes of Run's House when Rev. Run blackberrys out words of wisdom while soaking in the tub? He doles out the best advice to an undisclosed list of recipients. The man is not only hilarious and wise but he also stands for many of the same things I do — service, gratitude and family.

I realized I need to get on his mailing list. I would have a lot fewer days moping around like a guy-linered Eeyore swaying at a Bright Eyes concert if Rev. Run's sage advice just landed in my inbox each day.

No comments: